At VS, we embrace corporate responsibilities as an integral part of carrying out our business. We are always mindful of the importance of environmental sustainability and are committed to be a benefit to the larger society as well as to safeguard the welfare of our employees.
We focus on 5 main corporate responsibility pillars:-
We are committed to conduct our operations in a sustainable way and aim to apply the highest ethical standards. Our suppliers play an important role as enablers of our sustainable growth and overall success. In support of this goal, we are committed to follow the “SUPPLIER ETHICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL CODE OF CONDUCT” and also requires its suppliers to explicitly acknowledge and adhere to the principles embodied in the Code of Conduct and to ensure that any sub – contractors used by the suppliers will also comply with these principles.
The aim of this Code is to ensure that all VS suppliers are producing products under a minimum set of internationally acceptable conditions of employment which focuses on the following 10 areas in line with the policies of the International Labour Organisation:-
- No forced labour
- Prevention of child labour
- Fair disciplinary practices
- Health and Safety
- Legal requirements
- Working hours
- Wages and benefits
- Freedom of association
- The environment
- We remain compliant with rules and regulations across various aspects, such as noise, waste water and air quality monitoring, ducting systems for exhaust ventilation, and handling of all hazardous substances.
- Our procurement and manufacturing practices are in line with “green” principles.
- We minimise the impact on the environment by reducing materials consumption through the act of recycling all waste materials.
- We manage and dispose all waste in a responsible manner. For instance, we built a scheduled wastes storage with secondary containment to prevent spillages into inland water and an oil trap filtration system to filter cooking oil and other solids from the canteen’s waste water.
WELFARE OF THE EMPLOYEES
- We endeavour to ensure a safe and healthy working environment for our employees. We became the pioneer company in Southern Peninsular Malaysia to implement the Contractor Safety Passport Systems (CSPS) in collaboration with the National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH). The CSPS certifies contractors and workers’ competency in conducting their jobs in a safe and risk-free manner.
- We ensure that every employee is treated fairly. We attained the Fair Working Condition (FWC) awards 2008.
- We value our employees by enhancing our employees’ skills and knowledge through staff training and development.
- We provide assistance in cash and in kind to local authorities and community groups.
- We ranked alongside top global EMS providers – making the list into the world’s top 50 EMS providers for 9 consecutive years from 2007 to 2015.
- We commit excellently on product innovation, by undertaking of continual R & D initiatives with our customers.
- We focus on continuously developing for our existing customers to create long–term partnership.
- We endeavour to comply with the best practices under the Malaysian Code on Corporate Governance. A sound system of corporate governance is in place to enhance and protect the shareholders’ value for the long term.